Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Projects

Well, project one is to get myself gainfully employed, but after that I have a few social projects I could use some help on:

Project #1: The Open Source Individual Education Project
Description: To provide quality open-source (for individual, or homeschool use) educational materials for homeschooled and unschooled students. The benefit for the student would be a higher quality of educational content, and the benefit for the writers/educators would be greater control over their work, plus the ability to tackle more complex/contraversial subjects than are normally allowed in textbooks. Opportunity for profit would still be available, as my current plans call for publishing printed materials for sale (Free materials available for individual use, as a PDF or similar file), and for liscensing for educational institutions at lower cost than most standard educational publications. I plan to try and pass on up to 70-80% of the profits made selling printed materials and liscenses, directly to the authors themselves, If I can.

The company will be ran as a non-profit company, preferably a co-op, or similar arrangement.

If you are interested, you may e-mail me, or mail me. I'll add more projects as I go on.

4 Comments:

Blogger DAB said...

Goed geluk op uw blog! Ik wacht angstig op elke ingang.

August 25, 2004 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger UberIcarus said...

Danke Schoen, damien. Although it's dutch your speaking correct? Not German. I just don't speak any dutch, sorry. :)

August 25, 2004 at 2:16 AM  
Blogger UberIcarus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 25, 2004 at 2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 25, 2004 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home