Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Personal Update

Not much to write right now. I'm going with Ro to get her an ultrasound today (to those I haven't told allready, we have another [and most likely last, at least for the next 18+ years] child on the way). I also found an Aikido dojo nearby so I'll go to class either today or thursday, depending on how much sleep I get today.

I'm fleshing out ideas and thoughts on how to approach in reality the model I presented in my last post. I will be posting soon about that, and will probably post less about other things in preference to that.

One last thing I'd like to share, that I support with some reservations is this idea about overhauling social security:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002191407_oneill27.html

My main reservation lies in how to fund the transition, and pay out those allready in the current SS system. I wouldn't support a raise in the percentage of the tax, nor massive borrowing, but I would support an elimination of the 90k cap on social security taxes. It would be more than enough to fund the transitional costs and pay out those allready in the system (i.e., we could increase their benefits while phasing them out.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rowan Crisp said...

I love you.

March 1, 2005 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Hoodidge said...

Decent. My only concern would be which "investment savings account" bank is used (private or state) and how secure they would be over a 65 year span.

March 14, 2005 at 3:14 AM  
Blogger Storm Trooper said...

www.cratchet.blogspot.com

It's better than yours...

March 14, 2005 at 3:21 AM  
Blogger Rowan Crisp said...

Well, no, it actually isn't better.

March 15, 2005 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger UberIcarus said...

Superman...suffice to say, that your blog blows ass.

March 15, 2005 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Hoodidge said...

Thought you might want ot read this http://dieoff.org/page185.htm

And yeah, his site was wank.

March 17, 2005 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Hoodidge said...

Thought you might want to read this http://dieoff.org/page185.htm

And yeah, his site was wank.

March 17, 2005 at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home